Monday, May 30, 2011

Around Town

Well I was disapointed I didn't get to go on any of my anticipated adventures today, but it was a busy, fun-filled day. 

The morning was slow-moving because we stayed up late socializing and watching The Dilemma.  We also had a couple drinks (but not many). I mixed my favorite $4.00 sweet red wine (Tisdale) with some 7-up for a nice wine spritzer.  We went to look for more Tisdale wine, but apparently Albertsons doesn't carry it, so I got some "Chill Out" instead.  It was $5.00 and not as good as the Tisdale!  I am going to have to find somewhere that carries it...or develop better taste in wine.

We finally got out of the house around 2:00 pm today, and headed to Men's Warehouse for David to get his final tux fitting for his brother's wedding tomorrow. I thought the lady assisting was super rude.  First they sort of just stared at us like we were supposed to know what was going on.  Sorry, it isn't every day we go to Men's Warehouse...why don't you help us out a little? Then she abandoned us at the last minute to help someone else, and we had to sit around for five or ten minutes.  I understand helping everyone, but it literally took 10 seconds to finish what we needed...definitely could have benefitted from some lessons on queuing!  After that, instead of ever saying "Sorry, just one more minute," or smiling reassuringly at us, she sent us on our way saying ,"Sorry there is only one of me."  I was irritated...

Then we went to the mall and looked for wedding dresses.  No, not the white kind...the kind for us to wear as guests!  I didn't find anything I liked and I definitely was not in the shopping mood, which was a bummer.  It would have been a good day to spend some money, with all of the Memorial Day specials.  I did get some pork street tacos from Taco Time, and per usual, they again only gave me a tiny half of a lime, even when I asked for extra.  Oh well!

We also went to Sephora, and I finally bought Bumble and Bumble hair (un)dressing creme.  I have been wanting to buy it for awhile (another one of those "investigated" purchases) and I finally decided to go for it.  I walked around the store a few times contemplating and finally just went for it, so I will let you know what I end up thinking about it!

After that, the three of us (Jehs, David and me) went to see the Hangover II at the Edwards 21 Theaters.  I am sure that theater is horrendously expensive for a normal showing, but it was only $7.50 for a matinee.  I didn't get any snacks, but it cost the others $11.25 for a normal size popcorn and a bottle of water! SUCH A RIP OFF!  I was impressed with the theater though...it was like a theme park.  Everything was decorated and it was huge.  It would have been preferrable if they scaled back the decorations though, so they didn't have to jack up concessions so much!

I liked The Hangover II.  It was as to be expected.  There were some parts that were hilarious, and of course, it was essentially a carbon copy of the first Hangover.  However, if you are looking for the same kind of humor, you will probably be satisfied.  I was also glad there were a few times I was surprised, so it was not completely predictable.  There were also some previews that looked great -- I want to see X Men! It comes out on Friday if anyone wants to go.
After that, we went to Chili's. Jehs and I had never been there, so that was fun to go somewhere new (okay, I may have been there before but it was a looonnng time ago, if so, and I don't remember so I am not counting it).  To start with, I tried to order a mojito.  Some worker came out, serious face on, and sat down to give me this big story of why they didn't have mint and couldn't make me a mojito.  Okkkkaaay, whatever buddy! Not a huge deal!  Apparently barely anyone orders mojitos (so they probably aren't that good anyway).  I settled on some cherry limeade drink and it was just alright. I spent most of the time fishing out the maraschino cherries to eat. It seemed really low on alcohol as well, but it did manage to turn my face red [of course] so there must have been something in it.

To eat, I ordered Margharita Grilled Chicken.  It was a little different than I expected (served on top of lots of beans and rice) but it was good and I am glad I ordered it.  I also have leftovers I am going to dig into in awhile.  In addition, the other dinner attendees were kind enough to share their fries/onion rings with me, so I got to chow down on those too (with plenty of ketchup, of course).  However, I did have to decline the cheeseburgers...eww.




Now we are home and all exhausted.  It is only 9:15 and I think I could fall asleep right now.  Jehsi is already napping on the floor.  We rented I am Number Four, but that might have to wait for another night...Has anyone seen it?


Sometime this week I would like to make it down to Idaho Indie Works.  It is a store that sells items made by local artists and I think it might make for some good gifts! Who has a birthday coming up?

and, by the way, here is the finished product of the end table.  Besides a missing end cap for one of the legs [not my fault], I would say it is a smashing success.  Thanks Mom and Dad --I love it! Tomorrow I will post pictures of my hopefully-newly-installed furniture.  Should be here by 12:30 they claim, but you never know with deliveries....


And here is a picture of what the aftermath looked like!  Don't worry.  Now it is clean :)

No comments: