Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Food

I like to post recipes and emphasize how simple they are because I feel like some people thinking cooking/baking is so elusive and they couldn't possibly give it a shot, when in reality, it is usually quite simple.  All it is, is a set of directions that you essentially follow.  However, that is NOT the case with this:
Tarte Tatin

My tarte tatin was an ABSOLUTE disaster.  So bad in fact, I didn't even keep it for myself.  The ENTIRE thing went in the garbage.  Yes, I had to think about it for a little bit, but I came to the conclusion it was time to trash it.

Anyone else have some sort of recipe you just can't seem to make?  I did feel better, as the comments section had all sorts of people claiming how hard it is to make correctly :)

For the record Phyllo Dough does NOT = Pastry Dough!

1 comment:

Terri said...

When I was learning how to cook I didn't have a clue what I was doing ha. I'm doing much better now.

I need your address and such for the giveaway.