Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 10: Balsamic Sheets

I wanted to make something simple in Moscow this weekend, so I made balsamic sheets.  I didn't take any pictures, but it was one of the easiest ones yet.

1) Boil 2/3 cup of balsamic vinegar with one package Agar Agar.
2) Pour into a large casserole dish.  Tilt dish around so entire dish is covered in a fine layer.
3) Put into fridge for 15 minutes.

Done!  Then, just cut out the shapes you want.  This forms sheets that look kind of like the consistency of a fruit roll up or jello.  I cut mine into rectangles and it cut very well and also maintained it's shape.  I used mine on a sandwich like you would use a slice of processed chese.  I also think it would be great sandwiched between two pieces of mozzerella, or a tomato/mozzerella stack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This one's a keeper, I think! So many possibilities!
xox