Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 15: Honey Sheets

Well I am falling desperately behind as I was out of town last weekend, and things will only get worse because I am going out of town next weekend as well. 

Tonight I made Honey Sheets - a spin off of the super easy Balsamic Sheets I made a few weekends ago.

1) Boil 1/3 cup water, 1/2 cup honey, and one packet Agar Agar.  Note that 1/2 cup honey is actually quite a lot.  Make sure you have enough honey in stock!  Also, I had a bit of trouble getting my honey to set, so make sure to bring to a boil and try holding it there for a minute or so.

2) Pour the mixture into a large casserole dish.  Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.  I tried not cooling this and letting it sit on the counter.  Don't do that.  You need the chill of a fridge. Note that mine wasn't solidifying very well so I let it sit in the fridge longer.  This fixed the problem.

3) When solid, cut into whatever shapes you want.  I cut it into a square similiar to how you can purchase American processed cheese.

4) Place on a fresh, juicy, white bread sandwich.  If you are going to make a peanut butter and honey sandwich, go all out.  Don't use grain bread, wheat bread, low-carb bread, etc.  Use the stuff that reminds you of Wonderbread!  Wonderfully doughy and like what you would normally avoid.

Put a layer of creamy peanut butter, layered on your honey sheet, and cover with the other slice of bread.  DELICIOUS and the best part is the honey doesn't drip everywhere.  This is a sandwich you can actually eat in the car on the way to work or eat at your desk and not make a mess.

Awesome.

No comments: