Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 12: Blueberry Dessert

For Valentine's Day, I decided a delicious dessert would be appropriate.  I was also really tired, so I wanted something easy to make.  These could not be easier.  They aren't weird or that interesting, but they are totally yummy.

1) Blend together 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup water, and sweetener (I used 2 tablespoons sugar). I used frozen blueberries - this would work with fresh as well.

2) Add 1 packet Agar Agar and bring to a boil.

3) Pour into your serving dishes and freeze for two hours (mine were fine after 1.5 hours). *Note - take them OUT of the freezer, even if you are not serving yet, after 2 hours.  Put them in the fridge to store.

4) Top with whipped cream and more blueberries and dig in!

Mine made three dessert sized portions. 


*This is basically a way to make healthier jello where you control what goes in it.  I would imagine this technique should work for most fruits - 1 cup water, 1 cup fruit, sweetener, and a packet of Agar Agar.  It has a texture similiar to jello, but a bit thicker.

No comments: