Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Coco Mademoiselle

I have been trying to decide on a new perfume since JUNE 23rd (see: Perfume) when I was trying to decide between an orange-y or floral Lancome release and ended up picking neither.  Since that time, I have conducted multiple perfume shopping trips, two of which involved my boyfriend and his opinions, and I FINALLY have chosen a perfume!


My most recent perfume shopping trip was to Macy's in Moscow, which I think has quite a limited selection (probably a good thing as I was left with fewer choices and thus fewer decisions).

We started out by smelling Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck
This is supposed to be a "charming gourmand" - floral with sparkling fruity tones on a wooden background. It has a lot of positive reviews (a lot saying it is "light and sweet") but we thought it was just blah -- pretty boring for a perfume.

Next we tried Ed Hardy Villian.
This scent features lychee, watermelon, water lotus, citrus, magnolia, freesia, sandalwood, orris and crème brulee.  It smells great, but is very girly and fruity.  Jake said it smelled like a stripper and I was reminded of a middle school locker room.  Smells yummy, but not the smell for me.  Plus, I just can't help but associate Ed Hardy with douchey.

We also smelled Very Irrestible by Givenchy:
We might have smelled a different Givenchy because I am pretty sure the bottle didn't look like that, but we both thought it smelled like diapers.
Coco Mademoiselle was the clear winner - tasteful, mature, professional but sexy.  It is the perfect perfume to put on in the mornings and feel like a businesswoman, but put on at night and feel great.  I am super excited because I have started wearing scarves for winter and I love when scarves start to take on the smell of a perfume.

The only negative for Coco Mademoiselle is it is REALLY expensive compared to most perfumes.  You get what you pay for, I guess.  I got the smallest bottle for $90 (1.7 mL) and got the Eau de Toilette.  The same size Eau de Parfum was $110.  I can't imagine you would really need the Eau de Parfum for normal wear -- the Eau de Toilette retains it's scent well.

No comments: