Thursday, June 23, 2011

Perfume

It's about that time to get a new perfume.  Since about right before Spring break (March) I have been using DKNY Be Delicious - Juiced.  It was cool when I bought it because it was a new "remix" of the original, and I was the first person at Southcenter Sephora to buy the perfume.  Woohoo -- trendsetter!  I like to always get the smallest perfume, so I can change scents more frequently.  Rather than a signature scent, I like to try different ones for different periods of my life or different seasons (ex: New to college; summertime; first day at work, etc.). I also still have TONS of perfumes from highschool, which I don't think they are supposed to last that long...I do keep them in a cool dark place though, which I think it supposed to help.  However, I am a sucker for new perfumes and all the old ones remind me of specific time periods (you don't want to wear a perfume that reminds you of seventh grade when you just graduated college!).  Did you know perfume is supposedly the strongest connector to memory?

My most recent perfume basically smelled just like DKNY Be Delicious, which I used to use for a bit in high school.  The thing I don't love about this perfume is I feel like the smell doesn't last very long.  I love when ladies can walk by and you smell just a bit of their perfume.  I am pretty confident this perfume doesn't smell much at all (or maybe I am so used to it I have just been putting on waaaay too much and no one has said anything!).  I really do think it is too light though...case in point: On Sunday I had just put some on, and my boyfriend said OMG You smell so good! What is that? And I had to ask him if he was serious, because I have been wearing that perfume for over three months...you think it would be recognizable!  It was a nice, light, Spring-y scent though.

My friend Kyle told me it smelled like an eighth grader, ha, and I can totally tell where he is coming from.  He also told me my previous perfume (Gucci Guilty) smelled like a fancy old lady.  Kyle is actually usually pretty accurate.

Current perfume:
Maybe part of me just really loves the bottle?

It is described like this: Juicy New York apples take center stage, opening the fragrance with a medley of colorful, fresh fruits and a flirty dose of pear blossom. Bold and bright, its vivid floral heart includes notes of muguet flowers and white peony while crushed violet petals add a touch of vibrancy to the mix. At its heart, a sheer wave of cedar and creamy woods is followed by white amber, imparting a lasting, memorable wave of cool refreshment.


My perfume before that was Gucci Guilty:
This perfume had a much stronger, longer lasting smell.  The apple one is more a daytime one and this was definitely more a nighttime one.

It is described as a sheer, floral-oriental fragrance, it opens with a bright burst of citrus and a dangerous hint of black pepper. This arresting introduction gives way to full-throttle femininity as its heart pulses with fruity and floral notes. The fragrance dries down to a rich, ambery base with notes of patchouli. The overall effect is young, stylish, and eminently wearable—a daring edge of sexiness and sensuality that captures the essence of Gucci.




So now I need help...what should my next perfume be?  Lancome has a new line and I think I want to try one of them.  Here are the top contenders:

#1) De'Lorangerie
The fragrant composition is based on orange blossom created on citrusy-aromatic chords. Top notes carry the essence of the composition with skillfully accentuated accords of orange blossom absolute and citrusy zests. The heart intoxicates with aromas of orange blossom and white jasmine, while a soft and sophisticated base supports the theme of the edition with cedar and benzoin.


OR

#2) d'Azur
This one is described as as fresh with floral and fruity accents. The notes include bergamot, lemon, rose, peony, ambrette seed and musk.



Both are based off the original 1969 o de Lancome.

So what do you think for summer?  Orange-y or a more general floral/fruity one?  Or, should I keep looking and broaden my horizons? I'll make the poll to this for a day or so...even if no one votes, I have to buy one soon!





Also...
Today for dinner I had grilled cheese and tomato soup.  It was delicious! I made the soup from an orangette recipe: Chickpea Tomato Soup with Rosemary.  The soup itself was fine...it satisfied me, who likes to make my own things and canned tomato soup "just won't do" (only half joking- ha!).  However, it didn't end up tasting like rosemary at all to me.  I think you would be just as good if you cracked a few cans of tomato soup, added some rosemary and garlic, and threw in a can of chickpeas.  Blending soup can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

I finally bought some bread today. I rarely ever buy bread, but you can't really have tomato soup without grilled cheese.  It's weird how those kind of pairings happen.  Why does peanut butter and jelly seem so natural and not something like peanut butter and relish? Why is relish normal when it's made from pickles but it would be weird if it were made from squash?  That sort of thing interests me.

As for the grilled cheese, I thought I would be able to use up some of the cheese my mom left.  NOPE it had gone bad :( Thankfully I had agonized over whether to buy two bags of mexican cheese at the store (one bag was for sure for the chicken tacos I am making this weekend) and ended up buying two.  I also scored FIVE GAME TICKETS for Albertsons!  I used some of the cheese to make the grilled cheese.  Here is the KEY.  I finally tried making the grilled cheese with mayo instead of butter.  Try it. It seriously works really well...one of my finer grilled cheeses (still can't compare to Dad's though).

This weekend I am planning to make a big chicken taco dish...I am backwards.  I like to cook lots during the week when I am busy and then not cook at all on the weekends, when of course I have more time.  I think it is because cooking is an accomplishment, so it lets me feel like I did something on a busy weekday.  The weekends are already filled with other fun stuff, so I don't need to "accomplish" anything.

Now it is bed time soon...but first I would like to say, MTV, you are kicking ass tonight! First, if you ever feel like life isn't fair or your day sucks, see "True Life: I am allergic to everything."  It is terrible. Then, watch "True Life: I hate my roommates."  One of the main rommates are from North Idaho College aka NIC up in Coeur d'Alene! It was exciting to see Idaho repped on TV :)





1 comment:

Tanya said...

I think you should go with the Orange citrus scented one! I haven't smelled either, but I'm sure they both smell good :) I'm so boring. I've always used Clinique HAPPY. Sometimes I'll branch out and use a Bath and Bodyworks body spray too. Fancy, huh?! Haha. Thank you for all the nice comments.