Sunday, June 12, 2011

#002 Best Place to Bike

Yesterday ended up being really fun.  First, I met my friends at a restaurant in Eagle called Cool Hand Luke's.  We sat in the bar area, and I asked if there were any specials.  The special was a "Berrylicious Long Island" for $5.50, which sounded like a great deal.  I usually hate long islands, but I decided to try it, and it was so good I had two.




From there, we walked over the the rodeo and it was already winding down (which meant we got in for free!).  There is always a rodeo after-party, and this night's was way more popular than Friday night.  We basically spent the rest of the night here.  I had three pomegranate margaritas for $5 each and they weren't strong at all...but that was alright because I ended up being a good amount of drunk and not a sloppy/overly annoying drunk.

I also ran into a few friends and acquaintances, so it was overall a really fun night.  I got to stay the night at my friend's gorgeous house, and we got a ride from her brother.  She even fed me pizza, and I am a little embarassed to recount the amount of parmesan I used.


It is also covered in these new things I discovered called Zap Packs.  Yum!!!

Today, I went to Ann Morrison park and tanned in the sun with my friend.  Somehow the right side of my face is super red, so I hope that goes away tomorrow.  The park is beautiful and huge and there was a perfect breeze so it was a wonderful day.  She also brought lots of snacks, including grapes and baby carrots and nectarines, which I love.




I realized it was four o' clock, and it was disapointing but I decided that wasn't enough time to see the birds, so they have been postponed.  Instead, we went along #002 The Boise Greenbelt, considered "the best place to bike," as we went in search of a place to eat lunch.

I have to be honest and admit I have already been to the Greenbelt once.  It was usually the first thing people raved about when I told them where I was moving, and many said to make sure I live somewhere near it.  However, I wanted to show you guys a few pictures and do an official post, so I am counting today as one of my adventures.





Apparently the river is really high right now. 

The Greenbelt is amazing.  I think it is 22 miles long, and it is usually by the river so it is nice and breezy.  It also takes you through tons of different parks and over bridges and under roads.  I love it!  We ended up getting a little lost, so we got a nice walk in before we made it to downtown.

Once there, we checked out a bunch of restaurants, but we were in a weird mood because we were thinking of lunch but everywhere was dinner prices.  We ended up getting a slice of pizza at Pie Hole.  Mine was pepperoni, basil, olives and parmesan.  I was a little disapointed because it didn't taste like basil at all, but it was still delicious.

Even better, we went to the BEST PLACE EVER after.  I think it was called Aspen Leaf, and it is self serve frozen yogurt for forty two cents per ounce.  I was freaking out...it was so hard to decide what to get.  There are soooo many toppings and flavors and I already want to go back. 

I ended up getting cake batter and red velvet froyo with a dollop of dulce de leche, with raspberries, white chocolate chips, honey, mochi, and a little bit of toffee.  I thought it was going to be so expensive, but it ended up being only $6.30.  I only took a picture near the end because I was wolfing it down and forgot.

Today was awesome.  The only crappy part is now every time I stand up, I get a raging headache.  It is 9:00 and I think I am about to go to bed, so hopefully it is gone in the morning.

Hope you all had a great weekend like I did!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I'll take one of those long islands :) YUM! We too had a beautiful day. Not missing the Western Wash. weather at all.