Monday, June 20, 2011

Coupons and Clothes

I got back from Moscow last night... On the drive there, I was kind of freaking out.  I decided to follow my GPS, and went through Fruitland, Weiser, Tamarack, etc.  As I started that way, I realized I wouldn't be going anywhere near McCall and I know there has never been a time when I have gone the Boise/Moscow route without going through McCall.  I ended up going the McCall way on the way back, and I was paranoid for no reason.  Both routes were essentially the same...I might keep doing a different one each way to switch it up a bit more.

The ride back was AMAZING, if six hour car rides can ever be amazing.  Basically, as good as it gets.  For snacks, I had raspberries, blueberries, baby carrots, and cinnamon apple chips.  My genius friend recommended I get a book on CD and O M G it changed my life.  I got a CD called "Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin.  I got off work later than I wanted to, so I wasn't willing to stop by the library on the way out of Boise.  Therefore, I ended up buying it for $15 in Moscow.  Hopefully in the future I will just pick it up at the Boise Library.

Anyway, this is the same author who wrote Something Borrowed.  I haven't seen the book, but loved the movie.  It was an extra cool surprise that a bunch of the same characters from the movie were mentioned in the book (but I wouldn't call it a sequel.  Just the same family).  Also, I expected the voices to be super cheesy, but the reader was Cynthia Nixon and she did an awesome job.  The only thing I didn't like was that the story was about infidelity in a relationship, and I got really into it and really pissed at the main characters for awhile.  I think it made time fly by though and there was a happy ending :) Thank goodness!

While in Moscow, I ate and drank like a queen courtesy of my lovely boyfriend.  I had an amazing thai shrimp salad at Smoky Mountain (and a $1 Rolling Rock...what a deal).  We went to the arcade, and I had soooo much fun.  We befriended this little boy Connor, and he was really fun to hang out with.  When we first ran into him, I asked him his name and he said, "Connor but...uh...you can call me Connor."  It made me laugh.

My boyfriend and I did pretty awesome on the games, especially for only spending $5.  I really want to take my dad there.  Our favorite games were A) where you roll the ball into strategic slots trying to get particular numbers and B) where you try to stop the moving light on a special section.  Overall I think we had almost 250 tickets.  I used 25 for a sweet blue ring, and then we bought three airheads for fifty tickets each.  We gave one to our new buddy, and gave our leftover tickes to some other little kids.  Yes, the airheads did turn our tongues blue!

Connor also got some invisible ink...he went to squirt some on my wrist and it EXPLODED all over me and my white sweater.  I tried to keep my cool...amazingly the ink actually did disappear in front of our eyes.  You couldn't even tell it was there.  However, I am a bit nervous to wash it.  Any tips?  My boyfriend got him back though because he beat him 7-3 in air hockey! haha.

We splurged and decided to be adventurous and got some Cotton Candy vodka at the liquor store.  Everyone started telling me it wouldn't mix well with anything, so I started to feel bad about my choice.  However, we mixed it with soda water and cherry vanilla pop, and it tasted pretty delicious!  There wasn't much of a nasty vodka aftertaste.

We had dinner at Sangria, and I got the Emerald Stir Fry with chicken.  It was great -- I loved the cilantro and red onions.  Also, Sangria cocktails are $7-$8 each. I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so I asked our waiter to pick one for me.  Thank goodness I did, because the bartender (someone I know) ended up hooking me up with a delicious cocktail he put together, with Kettle One vodka, for only $4!  Of course I had to have two at such a deal, and ended up stubbing my toe pretty badly getting up from the table.

Overall, Moscow was all I was hoping for and more.  We also watched a totally FUCKED UP movie -- Eden Lake.  Watch it if you want to throw up...Jake says the Human Centipede is worse (haven't seen it) but it was seriously pretty messed up.

Okay, back to Boise.

So, somehow the Loft site stopped freaking out and here is a picture of the dress I got last week:
Love the outfit the girl is wearing with it.  So adorable!
Today I had another coupon that was about to expire (this time for American Eagle).  This time the deal wasn't quite as good -$10 off a purchase of $40 or more.  However, I have decided I want to do better at taking advantage of coupons, and it is a good excuse to get some much-wanted new clothes. Of course, coupon catastrophe hit, and I couldn't find ANYTHING I liked! I went into the dressing room three separate, times, which I was starting to feel really awkward about.

I had originally been looking for cute Fourth of July clothes, and finally threw in the towel and decided to look for some clothes that would do double-duty as wearable to work.  This was more practical anyway, and something I would really appreciate while trying to get dressed in the morning.  I ended up getting two things.
In stormy blue, which is a really beautiful light blue...it is heathered looking too.
I also got these jeans, but i don't think they are AS dark as they look in the picture.
Both things together were only $40...not bad.

Tomorrow I will post about the yummy salmon I made for dinner, how I feel about white pepper, and my adventures making possibly the worst final product of a dessert but the most delicious thing ever in-process.  Seriously, it might ruin your life because you will want to eat it constantly, it was that good (while I was making it at least).

No comments: