Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rabbit, Rabbit

I failed at Rabbit Rabbit. (side note - I just looked it up and that link will take you to Wikipedia.  Weird, I never realized other people actually do it too!)  For those of you who don't know (and who most be pretty unlucky people) Rabbit Rabbit is what you do on the first of every month, if you can remember.  For as long as I know, my family has done this.  When you wake up on the first, before you say anything else, you have to say "rabbit rabbit" and then you will have good luck all month.  When you don't say it, it is really disapointing and you have to wait a whole month before you can try again.  It doesn't sound hard, but it is!  For those of you curious of the rules, no, you cannot just say it when it turns to midnight.  You have to say it following a period of sleep (and no, you cannot go back to bed and try again!).  You all should try it next month.

As for last night, I would rather not speak of it.  I think the slight hangover this morning can speak for itself, but I am hoping I got it out of my system so I can remain a classy lady tonight :)  We will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.





  The aftermath was surprisingly not bad.  But, I must say, not the best idea to have wine AND Caribolous.

For brunch, I chopped up the vegetables I got at Walmart last night and coated them in olive oil.  There were beets, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes.  I sprinkled cumin over the vegetables (I should have put more) and added some delicious Mediterranean sea salt and a few sprinkles of pepper.  Then, I baked it at 300 for twenty minutes.  When I went to take them out, they weren't the softer consistency I was looking for (wanted carrots without the crunch!) so I put them in for what I thought was another five minutes, and cranked the heat up to about 325.  I checked again, and nope, still not done.  I ended up baking them about another twenty minutes and at 350.  If I made it again, I think I would try fifteen minutes at 350 and see what happens.

I also made a yogurt dipping sauce by taking nonfat plain yogurt and adding some curry powder.  I think it would be good with some turmeric too (it is similar to curry powder but from what I have read, one of the top five spices you can eat -- check out Forever Young by Nicholas Perricone if you want more info).

I think people definitely need to try and eat healthier.  It cost me $7.50 at Walmart yesterday, for three beets, two bunches of broccoli, a head of cauliflower, and a jar of cumin.  I still have broccoli and cauliflower left, and carrots and potatoes were super cheap too.  It doesn't take much to prepare them, and when it is all said and done, it doesn't cost much more than food from a fast food restaurant (probably even less if you break it down per serving). You feel much better after eating healthier, and, we will see what happens when I am older, but I think it sets you up for a much longer and healthier life.  Plus, it tastes good! 

I do hate how expensive it is to eat well at a fast food restaurant though.  It is a bummer that the salads always cost the most, and half the time they aren't even very good for you.

I forgot to post a picture of my dresser, and here is the TV stand in place.  I love them both.

Finally, a picture off my porch.  I could have sworn it was supposed to be nice these last few days, but it keeps changing.  Right now, my forecast says 68 Friday, 83 Saturday, and 85 Sunday, so lets hope the sun shines this weekend!  I want to make it to the Boise Market on Saturday and do some exploring.

Things have been really busy with the (ex) roommates in town, so I haven't had time to go on my planned adventures.  That WILL happen soon!  Make sure you vote, because this weekend or next week I will make sure I go to the most popular spot.  I think the voting on this one ends in three days...They swear we can go to The Flicks tomorrow, and the movie I want see ends tomorrow.  Therefore, my adventures will be posted when I visit #001 The Flicks: Best Place to See an Indie Flick tomorrow.  And yes, I will be going without them if they decide not to go :)

Post in the comments what I should get to eat tomorrow at the movies.  The menu is here: Ricks Americana Cafe.  Anybody have some favorites?

Now I have to go get ready for this wedding.  I wanted to post now to make sure I got a post up, because who knows where we will end up tonight.  Also, does anyone want to make bets on how long it will take before I cry at the wedding?  Yes, these people are virtually strangers to me.  I just can't help it at weddings...so weird.

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

Kelsey, it looks like you have a great blog, and you are beautiful!

So funny, one of my very best friends EVER is moving to Boise tomorrow. I am so sad. Maybe I should line you two up since she won't know hardly anyone. In fact, I'm about to do a whole post about her moving.

Thanks for your comment and for reading The Jason Show! I see you're also reading my friend Suzanne's 24 at Heart. Love her.