Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Salad & Shopping

Well, things aren't getting much better on the health front.  At the end of work today I started getting an awful headache, and now it is really bad.  It is more the head-cold-kind-of-headache though, where it sort of feels like it hangs out near your nose andwhen you tilt your head, it follows the blood flow.  I try to do yoga every day, and it made downward dog a lot more uncomfortable than it's supposed to be.  Plus, sun salutations are pretty lame if you can't do downward dog. But, after fighting through some of the poses, it actually feels a bit better.  It's interesting my symptoms have been changing each day...maybe today means it will change for the better :) (soooo optimistic).

Good news?  I got to watch Dexter reruns today.  I love that show and haven't seen it in forever, so reruns are just like watching a bunch of new episodes.

What with my headache and all, I didn't feel like making much for dinner.  I also cleaned my whole apartment and part of that involved cleaning out the fridge, and I realized I have a LOT of vegetables I need to use up.  I got a huge bag of spinach yesterday for $2.99, so I ended up just making a salad.
What I had planned for the salad was red onion, golden raisins, and sunflower seeds.  Then, I found avocado, broccoli, carrots, cilantro (my favorite) and mint.  Like I said -- lots of vegetables in the fridge.  Salads and soups are my favorite ways to use them up. 

For dressing, I went with Brianna's.
This time, I tried the New American dressing, which is a creamy balsalmic.  It is pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the Blush dressing.  Go out and buy it.  It is PHENOMENAL.  I love, love, love it.  It has a strawberry on the bottle, but it is not strawberry flavor.  The strawberry apparently signifies it goes well with strawberries, which it in fact does.  Not sure what the grapes on the New American dressing means.

In other news, I have a coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase at Loft.  I LOVE Loft, so I don't really want it to go to waste.  What should I get? Of course it depends what is actually in stock and what is cute on, and I will probably end up hating all of these.  BUT, what do you like best?  Other ideas?  I don't want to get a lot...ideally just $50 so one or two things. Opinions!
                                                          This shirt, but in beige.
                                                                  These pants in olive
                                                                    (Its sequiny!)
                                                                      In olive
What do you think?  I am either going tomorrow or Thursday after work, so speak soon or forever hold your peace :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The salad looks wonderful and I've had that dressing and it is phenomenal! I had it with spinich, red onion and bacon. I really like the shirt, and I love that color, but any color would be great! I feel like the pants aren't really your style...cute though...I also think if you used the sinus rinse your head would feel better, because it might be a sinus thing now...or go to the health food store and tell them how you feel and they'll tell you what would be good to get...All just opinions...but worth a shot...Did I say how much I love that shirt!
xox,
just an anonymous opinion

Kelsey said...

Which dressing have you had? The Balsalmic or the Blush? I lovveee the Blush. I bet they are both so good with bacon. I have a post scheduled for Sunday for the clothes I got, but I couldn't find a picture for one! :(

Anonymous said...

I had the blush...yummy...you could just take a picture of the clothes...
xox